Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A New Purpose

I started this blog about three years ago because I thought it would be a good thing to do.
It made sense to have an added resource with which I could minister to and encourage people in their walks with The Lord. As I have attempted to do this blog I have really fumbled around for a specific purpose. When something would pop into my mind, I would begin to blog about it. Sometimes there was some clear, encouraging thoughts, but several times I would not even complete the draft I started.
Recently I have received a new inspiration and purpose. The Lord has been dealing with me, and teaching me, a great deal about prayer. I would like to share the journey on which The Lord is taking me with as many as would like to come. I certainly do not claim to be an authority on prayer, neither do I claim that the thoughts of which I write are original to myself. I owe a great debt, first of all to The Lord, obviously, but second to that to the encouragement that I have received from men such as George Mueller, R. A. Torrey, and A. W. Tozer. So, if you are sensing this same calling upon your life, I would invite you to join me, not only in studying but also growing in and experiencing the blessing of prayer.

Pastor Chris

1 comment: